RP3 pump configuration
In recent years, fire engines with rear-mounted fire pumps have seen a resurgence in popularity with fire departments. Almost half of our customers choose this configuration rather than the mid-mount pump, located on the side of the vehicle.
RP3™ pumpers are short-wheelbase vehicles, multifunctional, safer for the pump operator, and with better storage capacity.
- 168″ vehicle wheelbase
- 180-degree visibility for the operator
- Increased operational security
- Large storage capacity
- Maneuverability: 168″ vehicle wheelbase. Shorter vehicle from 12″ to 16″.
- Stability: Better load distribution on the axles.
- Storage capacity: More than 20% storage space.
- Safety and visibility: The pump operator’s position is safe and provides 180-degree visibility of the fire scene. The pump panel can be configured on the officer’s or the vehicle’s driver’s side.
- Efficiency: All water outlets are gathered in one place.
- Economy: Accessibility to the pump facilitates and simplifies maintenance time.
- Communication: A large distance between the pump operator and the motor facilitates communication between stakeholders.
- Reliability: Lever Bank cable controls allow for accurate control.